For Sale | Large Male Red Texas Cichlid | $375 | Loveland, CO | Pickup and Able to Ship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2010
Colorado, USA
What type of listing is this?:
For Sale
What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?:
Large Male Red Texas Cichlid
What are your prices?:
Where are you located?:
Loveland, CO
Pickup or Able to Ship?:
Pickup and Able to Ship
Description:
It pains me to do this but I don't see any way around parting with my favorite fish.

Offered here is a very large (12in+) Red Texas Cichlid (looks like a male to me) that I've had since he was just a wee lad at about 1.5" or so. He's about 3-4 years old and is very healthy. I've never had any issues at all with him. He's very docile and has been in a community tank since day one so he's very well adjusted and isn't aggressive at all. I've read that some of these fish and be quite aggressive and thought that was comical since my only experience with this fish has been the opposite.

He currently feeds on a diet of NLS and previously took fine to Hikari Gold as well. He's not shy at all and spends most of his time front and center in my tank and is everyone who visits favorite fish as soon as they lay eyes on him.

He was part of a large fish group buy that I placed and most of the other fish have gone on to be with their fish ancestors in fish heaven so I'm left with whatever was hardy enough to reproduce which at this point is just a bunch of red zebras and yellow lambs. I'm tired of looking at orange and yellow fish so I'm ready to start over. This means placing an order for a batch of 1.5-2" fish once again and since that would be expensive fish food for this guy I have no choice but to part with him to make room for the next generation and raise funds with which to make purchase of them.

If I had the room I could set up my 55gal and use it as a grow out but at this time (and the past few years) that's just not going to be feasible. So, I have to part with this behemoth of a fish.

I can ship but I would much rather a local pick-up transaction to minimize the amount of stress to him. I know that probably seems silly to most people in this hobby but I'm rather partial to my fish so I want to see them as healthy as possible. The price reflects what I've seen over the recent years on the market for fish of this size & quality and shipping and/or Paypal fees will be on buyer's dime. I will entertain offers but please no low balls. Fish like this don't come on the market very often.

The pictures aren't the best because I suck as a photographer so taking decent pics of fish in an aquarium fails me.

Thank you for looking and feel free to ask any questions you may have either here or via PM.

Shipping method:
Acknowledgement:
I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Suburbs of Chicago. I just bought mine from a local hobbiest as well! She's pairing up with a large flowerhorn I have but would love to have another one. Honestly never seen one in person this big but they are gorgeous!

Whoever buys this will have an amazing fish! Also it's pretty rare. I just saw your price is that priced competitively? Never really seen these go for sale

LONE_WOLF

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2013
Rancho Cucamonga
Woot, Woot! go Rams. I spent time with friends in Loveland well I went to CSU. Nice to see Colorado representing. Good luck with the sale!

Jer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2010
Colorado, USA
Suburbs of Chicago. I just bought mine from a local hobbiest as well! She's pairing up with a large flowerhorn I have but would love to have another one. Honestly never seen one in person this big but they are gorgeous!

Whoever buys this will have an amazing fish! Also it's pretty rare. I just saw your price is that priced competitively? Never really seen these go for sale
I think it's more than priced competitively based on what I found. I saw $200 fish that were 4-5" and still had TONS of black so no real way to know what they were going to look like once they matured or how much of the black would fade. I've read of the darker red ones going for closer to a grand but the fish used to make them meant that the offspring would be more aggressive so they weren't good for community tanks. That's just the stuff I saw/read 7& since I don't own any other than this one I can't speak first hand. This seemed like more than a fair price based on what people were paying for juvenile question marks IMO.

Jer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2010
Colorado, USA
Woot, Woot! go Rams. I spent time with friends in Loveland well I went to CSU. Nice to see Colorado representing. Good luck with the sale!
Thanks! I wish there were more people in the hobby locally. I really hope someone local-ish to me sees this to expedite the transaction and make it easier on everyone involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store