Ford transit connect cargo van experiences?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I’m looking into a 2013 one I found for sale, does anyone here have any experience with them?

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
I actually have always liked these. My old neighbors had one we would pile into and head to the bar, sometimes i'd have to drive back lol. Lots of room inside for a smaller vehicle, nimble handling, fuel efficient. They seem to hold their value too. Do you have a specific practical purpose in mind for this thats affecting your decision?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I was looking to get it for the sole purpose of being able to haul 6’ tanks along with being a daily driver as well. The one that I was looking at didn’t work out but I still think that they’re a good van and I wouldn’t mind getting one still.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Yeah not that i ever put the tape on it but i think it would be just a little too tight for 72" tanks with the seats folded/removed.

What are ya driving now? Pretty much anything can tow a 4x8 trailer with a half ton load provided you have a tow hitch installed.

I sold a 6' 150g to a guy with a dodge caravan. Didnt think it was gonna fit but it snugged right in there.

If i was in the market for a van id be lookin at some of these sweet old diesel toyotas:

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Yeah not that i ever put the tape on it but i think it would be just a little too tight for 72" tanks with the seats folded/removed.

What are ya driving now? Pretty much anything can tow a 4x8 trailer with a half ton load provided you have a tow hitch installed.

I sold a 6' 150g to a guy with a dodge caravan. Didnt think it was gonna fit but it snugged right in there.

If i was in the market for a van id be lookin at some of these sweet old diesel toyotas:
Nah, I think this truck would be better, he could be the psychedelic crazy fish man LOL.

Reactions: Backfromthedead

slyme

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2018
Indonesia
I owned a 2013 model for a few years, and it was a reliable car overall. Decent fuel economy, comfortable ride, and low maintenance costs. Just make sure to get a thorough pre-purchase inspection to check for any potential issues. It's a good choice if you're going for a used one.

electroshadow

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2013
uk
I went through a similar process when looking for a truck. I wanted a Ford F-150, a 2017 model, but buying a new one was way out of my budget. So, I started searching for used Ford trucks near me. I found a 2017 Ford F-150 for $20,500, a much better price than new ones. Plus, they offered a monthly payment option of $425, which worked well for me because of the excellent rate. You can also check the prices for a used Ford Transit.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store