Fun discussion, the 'common' senegalus

Lil' Jenny

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Vegas
My sen is my favorite fish. ( Don't tell the others... )
She's a little over a year old and almost 8 inches now. I personally don't mind the lack of color. I've noticed though that she seems to darken in color a little if we switch to a darker colored substrate. What I do mind a little though is the size. I hope she might get a little bigger but it wouldn't surprise me if she's almost done growing. She is however incredibly hilarious, active, and pretty darn smart. Personality out the wazoo. That's why I love her!

I'd honestly love a fancier poly but I don't have the money or space for one currently. Maybe someday, though!

Reactions: tlindsey and DMD123

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Here is my 3 first sen. Wont trade them for anything since they the got my into polys, its only been 3 months since i got them, i raise them since they were 1" and now almost 6"-7" i like their silver color and their activeness, and they will eat anything that hits the floor

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: DMD123 and tlindsey

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I have a regular and albino Senegal, they are among my favorites. They are always swimming and investigating the tank, eat everything too not the least bit fussy. They are in a 225 so plenty of room for them to move all day long.

Reactions: DMD123 and jaws7777

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Too bad they don't get much bigger. Although there is/was an albino for sale at 10-11 inches for pick up only. On the west coast as usual.

Reactions: DMD123

zetpauline

Feeder Fish
Jun 16, 2016
Just starting here, could someone plz tell the difference color/tail/fin variations with pics etc?

I have two sens, another almost like albino, white, whitout pink eyes, she has black markings on the neck. shes approx only 15 cm now, newcomer is sen twoo, only he is very dark gray, and much bigger, allthough yonger. Others in the shop were like normal sens. This one was the darkest and biggest.

So, It would be nice two know the color variations, anyone?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store