Future of siamese tiger fish

Kingdoffishcraft

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
I would like to know a few things. The species datnioides pulcher. I’ve read several articles about breeding attempts by people with one apparently successful far. But I have some insider information that they’re hybrids and when they reach maturity their patterns fade into their other parent’s looks datnoid undecimradiatus. But I’ve heard of multiple breeding attempts using only ST but all were unsuccessful. (If anyone has a mature adult from Siam Tiger Fish Legend please post them below I’m truly interested in seeing what they look like!). I just want these species to return from the brink due to their uniqueness and their sheer beauty. But I’m also curious about the number of wild individuals left in the wild.

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
I live in Thailand and believe that Pulcher is extinct.

I have heard many rumours of breeding, but they all come to nothing.

Also, I am aware of the so called breeder you mention. I am highly suspicious. I do not even think they have hybrids, if that is possible. Are they merely palming off IT?

No one in Thailand expects to get a real Pulcher. I think there are fake breeders that play on fishkeepers' good hopes.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I live in Thailand and believe that Pulcher is extinct.

I have heard many rumours of breeding, but they all come to nothing.

Also, I am aware of the so called breeder you mention. I am highly suspicious. I do not even think they have hybrids, if that is possible. Are they merely palming off IT?

No one in Thailand expects to get a real Pulcher. I think there are fake breeders that play on fishkeepers' good hopes.
Very sad indeed.

Reactions: Kingdoffishcraft

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
I had seen this talked about in the 'What fish do you think will go extinct soon?' thread. This species may be an appropriate addition to a 'recently extinct fish species' thread, I suppose.

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
It is unlikely, but there may be a very few, very old specimens in tanks around the world. Japan used to take the most.

Twenty years ago, I could still buy Pulcher. But they did not come from the known waterways in Thailand, and seemed to come from parts of Cambodia yet to have any infrastructure.

When small, three bar IT look much like ST used to. But as they age, the edges of the stripes on IT break up a little, and on ST the stripes were solid.

Some of mine from 2006:
dsc03011.jpg

Tmannan

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2015
Midwater Midwater Oh man what happened to those pulchers you had?

Tmannan

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2015
Midwater Midwater I believe predatory fins has one big ST from stingray biology’s old collection

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
Midwater Midwater Oh man what happened to those pulchers you had?
I moved away from Bangkok. I left my house and fish in good hands. The house survived.

I think the deliveries of live food were not checked properly.

adsc03440.jpg

adsc04618.jpg

adsc07421.jpg

adscf6458.jpg
Those were the days I could still choose my own Cambodian Pulcher

adsc06293.jpg

Frozen as a memento.
adsc07881.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store