Gar Identification - Post your Gar to be ID'd HERE!!

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
Florida. 100%

JonathanStone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2011
Malta
Can anyone id my gar? i'm one of the few ppl that likes and tries to keep gars in my country so for me till now its been mostly guess work and tones of research. and asking in pet stores here is like asking a blind man what i'm wearing today

i have living with the gar
1 clown knifefish
2 clownloach
2 silver sharks
3 silver dollers
3 anglefish
1 ropefish
and a few catfish

my tank is 180cm long x 45cm wide and 67cm high

DSC05633.JPG

DSC05778.JPG

Reactions: Jose_muniz

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
JonathanStone;4879274; said:
Can anyone id my gar? i'm one of the few ppl that likes and tries to keep gars in my country so for me till now its been mostly guess work and tones of research. and asking in pet stores here is like asking a blind man what i'm wearing today

i have living with the gar
1 clown knifefish
2 clownloach
2 silver sharks
3 silver dollers
3 anglefish
1 ropefish
and a few catfish

my tank is 180cm long x 45cm wide and 67cm high
yours is a Florida gar, great pattern on the fish...and GREAT tank you have going there!--
--solomon

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
I really like the color scheme on that Florida. Dark and gray. Hopefully it stays like that.

Is the snout damaged/upturned or was that just the angle in the picture?

JonathanStone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2011
Malta
not sure, for some resone it likes to swim in that way when its stalking, the rest of the time it swims straight. since i've had it, it's never suffered any injuries

DSC05783.JPG

DSC05782.JPG

DSC05786.JPG

yellowray91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2009
FL
Hello everyone i live in east central FL and i was hoping you guys could get an id from this video. My bro caught it when we first moved in to our house and since then we have seen atleast 10 a day this is a smaller one to so i dont think there fl gar due to size.we cut the line after vid. forgive the dangs please i was a little exited and i know it was not a gater gar.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="960" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HMBs6j-MvZ4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hope the vid works

thanks

yellowray91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2009
FL
sorry i put it in the wrong spot. i didnt know longnose gar get that big ive seen some that were so fat i thought were logs?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store