Gar weird injury?

D.Wolf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
So..i have this gar which is a bit odd..first his tail was bitten off - it healed..then spliced his fin in 3 directions..seems to be healing quite well..and now this.

There is a bump near his eye which appeared after he opened mouth too wide and now its blocking his view..what the heck?

Any advice on that? Otherwise he swimms, eats, behave like usual..

uploadfromtaptalk1429877328598.jpg

^^ this happened after he did that vv

uploadfromtaptalk1429877384631.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
So..i have this gar which is a bit odd..first his tail was bitten off - it healed..then spliced his fin in 3 directions..seems to be healing quite well..and now this.

There is a bump near his eye which appeared after he opened mouth too wide and now its blocking his view..what the heck?

Any advice on that? Otherwise he swimms, eats, behave like usual..

View attachment 1072006

^^ this happened after he did that vv

View attachment 1072007

Thats really strange. Im not going to be a huge help but id say add some salt in there to help with the wound. I think the dose is 1 tbs per 5 gallons.

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jpcampbell123

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2011
In the water
gars can injure themseleves alot sometimes as their skeleton is really bendy like the arrows it should heal but it will be noticeable usually its much more serious if they break their backs

D.Wolf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
Yea i saw some those backbreaks..doesnt look nice and it was primary reason why i didnt put him and his company in a large tank where they could dart into glass..its just this one who likes to damage himself in every weird way, other is completely "sane" :)

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
heat water, do extra water changes and add some salt. i'm not too sure exactly what that is, maybe E_americanus E_americanus can help

D.Wolf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
Unfortunately this gar is a history :/ his apetite killed him as he destroyed his digestion with prey that was too large :/ (he literaly swallowed fish that was atleast half of his size..his apetite was enormous even he was very well fed)

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
I heard that many times before... It's strange how gar can choke on fish... :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store