Getting wolf to eat faster

freak78

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
Northwest, Indiana
Question now that I have added a sun catfish to my Wolf tank my Wolf takes it's time eating. For example today I dropped a silver side in front of the Wolf, he watched it fall right in front of him and nothing, just stared at it. So about 15 minutes later my sleeping sun cat smells it and slowly swims over and eats it then goes back to it's side of the tank to sleep. Use to the Wolf would hit whatever I dropped on it's way down to the bottom, now it's seems to wait.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
How often are u feeding? Cut back on the feedings a bit and offer other foods would be my suggestion.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
One thing I have noticed is that sun cat is a pig.
They are and mine was as well. The other option is provide a shelter for the sun cat/wolf and they are at opposite ends of the tank. Then can feed at each end. My suncat would never come out when lights were on. Then the wolf will eat and then can feed the cat separate.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I though mine never came out at night either until I was watching the tank yesterday.
He was saying his is nocturnal lol. But that's not the case with yours it seems, and isn't the case with mine, each fish have there own personality. Honestly the wolf probably isn't hungry. It isn't unheard of for wolves to go on fasting periods, my wolf has and doesn't always eat when I fed frequently. But when he does he's very greedy lol. They won't let there self starve, I wouldn't get worked up over it. If it gets to be more than 2 months, then something may be wrong.

On another note, the wolf could be intimidated and scared to challenge the larger cat for a food source which could then turn to aggression.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Still odd and not the norm as most sun spot cats are nocturnal.

The wolf shouldn't be too intimidated. Maybe not as hungry while it was having rapid growth.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Still odd and not the norm as most sun spot cats are nocturnal.

The wolf shouldn't be too intimidated. Maybe not as hungry while it was having rapid growth.
Hence why I said each fish have there own personality lol, and I've seen some wolves that were punks, it was just a thought though.

Wolf could be settling still, try feeding with the lights off might come around, or maybe he simply doesn't like what you're offering.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store