giant catfish? (I mean GIANT.)

nitrofish1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2008
Northern Illinois
one day someone will introduce the wels into NA and well all be done for lol, or the redtail cat.

Moontanman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2008
Cape Fear, NC
blogs.scienceforums.net
nitrofish1;2117601; said:
one day someone will introduce the wels into NA and well all be done for lol, or the redtail cat.
From what I understand considerable effort goes into making sure no Wels catfish are imported into NA waters. The Red Tail cat cannot live in NA waters, can it?

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Would be cool to get an underwater shot of a diver next to like a 400-500 lbs filamentosum

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
i thought it was fake at first but wanted to get the
]V[ON$TERFI$HKEEPER$ opinion. I emailed the article to my Grandpa (a science guy) yesterday and I haven't gotten a responce and he obsessively checks his email (DON'T WE ALL!) so that says something. :ROFL:
The Silure (Wels) and the Jau' Catfish have been known to attack people, so I imagine that the big Flathead would to.
Imagine some noodlers saw that.
"Hey Slim, where's Bubbuh?"
" I don't rightly know."
"Hey guys I got a big'n!"
And he lifts up his hand and a whiskered head the size of their dinghy pops out. Oh, that means the Catfish. :ROFL:

LobstersGoPeenchPeench

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2008
Iowa, United States
lol ive heard these stories too i really wanna become a diver and peep it cuz i heard in our 5 in 1 damn here in cedar rapids we got flatheads the size of vw bugs but also tho its hard to find a giant fish in murky water especially when its one person in a river. i got an idea lets get 10,000 divers and walk down the whole mississippi or even the cedar river in search of these monstas

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
RedDevilDon2005;2116327; said:
i dont know if its true or not, but the divers at markland dam, (ohio river) have said theyve seen shovelnose cats the size of vw bugs behind them gaping there mouth. im pretty sure i would poop myself if iw as to turn around and see that.
I would too. But it might not have anything to do with Catfish.:ROFL:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store