Glasscages vs Clear For Life tanks

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
Any thoughts or opinions? I had a Glasscages tank but not a CFL... they both seem pretty generic.. though I bet CFL quality is probably more consistent and you don't have to deal with the royal tools that run GC. I'm not finding good info like what thickness CFL uses on various tanks...

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Sounds like you have already made up your mind.

Reactions: boldtogether

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
While I do appreciate people’s ability to read my mind, I’m afraid that when you read mine I was probably sitting on the toilet reading product labels from various strange feminine hygiene products. . which as you can image would skew anyone’s synaptic responses which I assume affects mental reception as well. But I’m not a mind reader myself, so what do I know? Perhaps you can explain what “wings” are?

Having opinions or even prejudices don’t mean you have made up your mind though. Hence the very open ended questions.

Perhaps your power of mind reading can find out from people who have owned both how they compare? Ask them about life expectancy.. that’s a good one. FYI- don’t ask old people that.. it seems to be a taboo subject.

Acrylic thickness would be a great statistic too.

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
While I do appreciate people’s ability to read my mind, I’m afraid that when you read mine I was probably sitting on the toilet reading product labels from various strange feminine hygiene products. . which as you can image would skew anyone’s synaptic responses which I assume affects mental reception as well. But I’m not a mind reader myself, so what do I know? Perhaps you can explain what “wings” are?

Having opinions or even prejudices don’t mean you have made up your mind though. Hence the very open ended questions.

Perhaps your power of mind reading can find out from people who have owned both how they compare? Ask them about life expectancy.. that’s a good one. FYI- don’t ask old people that.. it seems to be a taboo subject.

I've used glass cages too. Their management or customer service are awful. People there are comple jerk offs. I need a new tank as well. I'm gonna research CFL and let you know

boldtogether

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2008
chino hills, california

Define "old"...becuase us "old" people always seem to be the ones bailing out the highly opinionated smarta...but I digress...
I wouldn't buy from either. Both companies have exhibited very porr customer service over the years so I like neither....but maybe it's just because I'm old and grumpy....and BTW, if you care to know about wings, ask your significant other to explain. Make sure the timing is right though...I suggest immediately after you notice a freshly opened box.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Wow, many stories about poor customer service with GC, this isn't the first time either, smh.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City

I rrally don't know what you are talking about. Wings? I've never seen wings on an aqurium. Is this something new I haven't seen? Why are you sending these messages while in the toilet, and telling the whole world about it. Your whole response was very confusing to some old guy who has kept fish before your parents were born. GET OFF OF MY LAWN.

boldtogether

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2008
chino hills, california
Just a question to OP...why just these two tank manufacturers? There are others....and there are probably local builders as well. I can't believe the prices for shipping these days but I do understand...what with fuel surcharges and all....makes the tanks from these builders way to much.

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
Thanks for the helpful replies.

I just wanted to compare these two makes because they seem to be cheapest ones. I’m okay with cheap if it’ll last 90% as long as another brand significantly more expensive. Glasscages seemed to have set the standard for cheapness, so I consider them the benchmark to compare against. But I avoid them like a plague of bubonic carrying rodents with a penchant for hogging the remote due to the bad experience I had after spend upwards to 3 grand with them.. my one time using them. They blew it. CLF are available through Petsmart which seems convenient and yes, the possibility of dealing with a pimply faced high schooler is way preferable to the certainty of the experience you’ll get with GC. If you know another good, cheap commonly available brand please chime in.

I define “old” as a frame of mind. So I expect that I’ll be a zygote in another decade as I get more immature every day.

Yeah, no idea what wings do on either aquariums or Band-Aids this big.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store