Glowing Neon Green Stingray Turd?????

mattfish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2013
Michigan
I noticed the tank had a weird green tinge to it, Not like green water, but a different clear green hue. So i got up to look at it better and noticed a Neon Green lump in the gravel. It was Glowing from the Blue Led lights. I took a few pictures and sucked it out with a turkey baster. It was a stingray turd that was coated with a film that looked like green neon Highlighter ink. I decided to do a large water change and when i gravel vacuumed the gravel the Neon Turd was on a neon green plum came from that spot under it.
The rays are fine and havent eaten anything but shrimp, tolopia, and worms. does anyone have a clue of what this could possibly be? Im Stumped.

20160202_225903.jpg

20160202_225942.jpg

20160202_231321.jpg

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Not sure what that is but could be the type of worm as suggested. Lovely looking ray btw!!

Reactions: mattfish

mattfish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2013
Michigan
could be cyano bacteria on the turd?
I do saltwater reef tanks and freshwater, I have Never seen Glowing Neon Green cyno. Ive seen Plenty of Blue/Green CynoBacteria but that stuff doesnt Glow under actinic blue leds. Plus there is not other cyno in that tank or any of my other tanks.
No doubt this is Weird. Ive been doing fish tanks for over 30 years and ive never seen it before.
Thanks for the opinion though! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store