Going on Holiday

Razzo

Piranha
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Northern Indiana
Hey guys,

Just an update: I sold off all of my fish :shock: 16 wild C. gibberosa (Mikula) and my calvus. I took an exciting new job in Southwest Florida and I am super busy getting the house ready to sell and all the little things that have to happen. A little overwhelmed at the moment. My wife and I are looking forward to trading Lake Effect snow from Lake Michigan (In Northern Indiana) for palm trees and sunshine.

I'm actually, very relieved, to not have any fish to take care of. Think I needed a break.

A friend purchased half of my Mikula and is baby sitting my show calvus for me should I want him back in a year... some pics of the calvus in this thread: http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/black-congo-calvus-palau.673337/

LOL, my wife wanted me to let all my fish friends know that she is my only hobby now - I'm good with that (she's a keeper for sure). We are, somewhat, young empty nesters. She's my best friend and we are hopeful to have a lot of fun in Florida

I'll check back in from time to time.

Take care,
Russ

Reactions: tlindsey

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Safe travels and enjoy the fishing down there, if you can.(i thought I rec all you saying you do bit of fishing)

Reactions: Razzo

Fisher...

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2016
Mn
Oh you'll probably be back sooner then you think Russ...it's in your blood!
Good luck in Fla my friend!

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
Enjoy Florida I myself cant stand the humidity but Iam a snow man LOL You will miss the hobby and be back I gaurantee it

Razzo

Piranha
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Northern Indiana
Yah! Ponds and cichlids do work in SW Florida :)

I do plan on fishing - one of my customer entertaining options is charters on the Gulf. Will definitely be looking into that.

I'm planning to upgrade my camera gear to a full; frame sensor camera and do some Gulf sunset shots and canoeing the everglades and photographing wildlife. Oh, also, think I have the wife talked into doing scuba diving lessons with me too.

Cichlids are in my blood - I plan to hang out on MFK every now and then.

Razzo

Piranha
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Northern Indiana
Yeah, the Keys are definitely on my dive list too!!
I need to call out this dude: Hemp111 (Chris)... He got half of my wild C. Gibberosa Mikula group including a stud of a young male named Tsididi. Tsididi was a fantastic looking beta and now he is alpha in Chris's tank. I really look forward to seeing Tsididi mature as the alpha. His trailers are going to be amazing in no time.

Keys are not too far away Chris ;)

Reactions: HEMP111
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store