Goldfish red sores

Gulper catfish is cool

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2023
Have you tested your water?
No
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Hello, I recently got some new baby ranchus and I separated from the big ranchu because he kept playing with the little guys . I started to notice some red scars and sores on 2 of the ranchus. Water is good with 0 ammonia so I don’t know if it’s aggression in between them, some sickness, or the striped Raphael catfish that maybe bites at them at night. activity level is the same and don’t show signs of lethargy but the red worsens every time. Thanks

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Hello, I recently got some new baby ranchus and I separated from the big ranchu because he kept playing with the little guys . I started to notice some red scars and sores on 2 of the ranchus. Water is good with 0 ammonia so I don’t know if it’s aggression in between them, some sickness, or the striped Raphael catfish that maybe bites at them at night. activity level is the same and don’t show signs of lethargy but the red worsens every time. Thanks

View attachment 1537237

View attachment 1537238

View attachment 1537239

View attachment 1537240
While there is not much I can say to help, I will go ahead and say that the Raph most likely didn't cause this. I have two of them and one of them I've had for the past year and he has been with all kinds of fish (never Goldfish, but definitely slow moving easy targets such as Angelfish and Discus) and has never attacked a single one (actually he hides from most). I would definitely be surprised if the Raph did that.

Gulper catfish is cool

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2023
While there is not much I can say to help, I will go ahead and say that the Raph most likely didn't cause this. I have two of them and one of them I've had for the past year and he has been with all kinds of fish (never Goldfish, but definitely slow moving easy targets such as Angelfish and Discus) and has never attacked a single one (actually he hides from most). I would definitely be surprised if the Raph did that.
I separated the raph and will check up tommorow

Gulper catfish is cool

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2023
What could it be then

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Raphael really aren’t aggressive enough to damage a fish. To me, that looks like a bacterial infection (which could have stemmed from an injury).
I’d treat with kanaplex.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store