Good food ??

Honey Badger

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2011
Saudia Arabia
hi ,is this considered a good food for cichlid & larger fish on the long run ?
I found it in supermarket the other day and though might be a treatment for my collection !
usually I try to feed variety of food such as flakes ,pallets, spinach ,different vegetables and raw shrimp .
it is frozen pangasius fillet

20150703_033949_resized.jpg

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I'm feeding my fishes with all frozen supermarket like catfish fillet, salmon fillet, shrimp, smelt, anchovis, squid...kinda all seafood types available in my area lol so to answer your question I will say yes :p

Reactions: raubiy

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Well only fillet I recommend is talapia. Its a white meat, economical fish that doesn't pollute the water nearly as bad as fatty fish such as salmon. The best in my opinion is shrimp. Just because of its ridiculous price when bought frozen in bulk. Only thing you needa watch out for is constipation from so much protein, other than that its probably the best thing to feed any fish.

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
I'm feeding my fishes with all frozen supermarket like catfish fillet, salmon fillet, shrimp, smelt, anchovis, squid...kinda all seafood types available in my area lol so to answer your question I will say yes :p
I'm doing same thing :D

Reactions: Yuki Rihwa

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
me too, prawn and catfish fillet (supermarket brought) and sand eels (lance fish) make up a lot of my feed but i still make sure they get pellet too. I even beat small chunks up and feed to fry.

Honey Badger

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2011
Saudia Arabia
actually some times this fillet comes covered with fat so I do remove it and try to feed them only the white meat , also vegetable is rich with fibers which is very important for balanced diet .
but what surprised me the most is that my collection of American cichlid and clown loaches like the spinach in particular ! they finish the small parcel in no time !!! which makes me happy because I feed a lot of protein so this can prevent any constipation.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store