Got my dovii!

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
I've found a guy who orders from Jeff Rapps and he can get me a 3.5" female so I could have found him a girl :)

MP_cichlid

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2015
Connecticut
I've found a guy who orders from Jeff Rapps and he can get me a 3.5" female so I could have found him a girl :)
That could work, make sure you have a lot of pipes and pots. Only where she can fit, that should be really easy given the size difference. you could take a normal flowerpot, a small one that is, gently pop out the bottom with a hammer and flip it upside down in the tank. she will be able to be with him and stay away from him as well.

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
I was actually planning on growing her out a bit first behind a divider because I really do feel that he would just swallow her at that size lol.. I have some pipes that i'll keep in the tank when I introduce her to make sure she always has somewhere to hide if he gets nasty!

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
he is looking very nice now mate well done

if you get stuck for a girl let me know, mine are back on fry so i can grow some out for you if needs be. be ready to send out when the good weathers back (well good weather for the uk lol)

MP_cichlid

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2015
Connecticut
i feel that often times, they know the difference when it is a female, they just seem to have a instinctual urge to breed rather than eat...LOL! however If you want to grow her out for a bit, it isn't a bad idea, just know he will be growing too lol.

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
he is looking very nice now mate well done

if you get stuck for a girl let me know, mine are back on fry so i can grow some out for you if needs be. be ready to send out when the good weathers back (well good weather for the uk lol)
That would be great :) good weather here? I count temperatures in the double figures as good weather here lol!

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
i feel that often times, they know the difference when it is a female, they just seem to have a instinctual urge to breed rather than eat...LOL! however If you want to grow her out for a bit, it isn't a bad idea, just know he will be growing too lol.
I hope that's the case, but i'm sure there must be a point where the male would just eat her lol.. With the size of his mouth there wouldn't be any attacking or biting, if he decided she was food she'd be gone in a gulp lol!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store