Got my dovii!

Mandamota

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2015
Eugene, Oregon, USA
I definitely want to see the big guy breed, just need to search for a girl for him now! Any idea what the minimum size a female could be to breed with him? I'm guessing if she was too small he would try and eat her?
You may go through a few females before they will form a bond. Has this guy had a mate in the past? Mine tried to kill number 2 a fee days ago so be careful.
Females are vicious also, I'd put mine as the winner against all but 2 of my fish-a pure female midas and her former mate.

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
You may go through a few females before they will form a bond. Has this guy had a mate in the past? Mine tried to kill number 2 a fee days ago so be careful.
Females are vicious also, I'd put mine as the winner against all but 2 of my fish-a pure female midas and her former mate.
He's never had a mate, he was kept in a 55 since he was 2" by the previous owner. When I find females i'll buy a few and let him choose who he likes best. Few pics I just got :)

Reactions: DBLN8 and Mandamota

madrezz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
JKT-INA
beautiful Dovii, is he captive or wild?
I wondering if Dovii (or other cichlid) parent is about 10-15", can the babies grow bigger?

professa19

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
Love the simplicity of such a large tank. Is that white sand?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store