gray vs brown banded bamboo ID

varakka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2014
NJ
I didnt get a pic because Im a moron, but my lfs got in a bamboo shark that looks to me to be a gray. It has gray and brown stripes and is about 14 inches long. The dorsal fin is concave like a traditional shark fin. I cant remember if the gray or the browns have the concave or convex dorsal fin. I think the grays curve inward and the browns outward?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The browns are concave and the greys and whitespotteds are convex...This thread makes me miss my sharks.

varakka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2014
NJ
I miss mine too.... Building a pond in my garage currently so I can fix that.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I miss mine too.... Building a pond in my garage currently so I can fix that.
Can't wait to see photos of it.The brown banded is my second favorite shark after the hornshark.

varakka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2014
NJ
Which species have you kept? I took brown bands off of my list because of size and easy availability of eggs. Id like to breed one of the following, bali catsharks, gray bamboo, or png eppies.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Which species have you kept? I took brown bands off of my list because of size and easy availability of eggs. Id like to breed one of the following, bali catsharks, gray bamboo, or png eppies.
Lets see,I have had browns,a whitespotted bamboo,leopards,eppies,smooth hounds,and two types of hornsharks.I've wanted a wobby but never got one.

varakka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2014
NJ
Which species have you kept? I took brown bands off of my list because of size and easy availability. Id like to breed one of the following, bali catsharks, gray bamboo, png eppies or

varakka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2014
NJ
Accidentally double posted. So which was your favorite? The eppie or the brown banded?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store