green terror fungus?

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Ah thanks

I have taken him back out and in qt tank.

Only reason I used pima and mela was as had them laying around and they claim to help fungus so thought wont hurt using them as well. Have also been using an anti fungus treatment where the active ingredient is phenoxyethenol.
ok good as long as you were using another med as well.

The other two are good supplemental additions to an aquarium in my opinion, but as for treating with them, forget that lol.

I would begin a meth blue dip bath for a while, as well as a full treatment cycle of anti fungal meds. If this isn't fungus and turns out to be columnaris as people are suggesting then you have to switch gears and treat for gram negative bacteria, but also as suggested above if it is indeed that and the symptoms have begun to appear...its late stage and extremely difficult to overcome.

Jez1992

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2015
UK
ok good as long as you were using another med as well.

The other two are good supplemental additions to an aquarium in my opinion, but as for treating with them, forget that lol.

I would begin a meth blue dip bath for a while, as well as a full treatment cycle of anti fungal meds. If this isn't fungus and turns out to be columnaris as people are suggesting then you have to switch gears and treat for gram negative bacteria, but also as suggested above if it is indeed that and the symptoms have begun to appear...its late stage and extremely difficult to overcome.
Woke up to a dead fish this morning. Last night he'd lost nearLy all colour and couldn't maintain balance, was just floating upside down.

Cheers for everyone's help.

Am going to buy some meth blue for the fish cupboard so have it if needed again. Any other essential medication worth keeping stock of? I already keep Prazi for my Rays but that's it really.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Woke up to a dead fish this morning. Last night he'd lost nearLy all colour and couldn't maintain balance, was just floating upside down.

Cheers for everyone's help.

Am going to buy some meth blue for the fish cupboard so have it if needed again. Any other essential medication worth keeping stock of? I already keep Prazi for my Rays but that's it really.
prazi, kanaplex, paraguard, and meth blue I always have.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store