Green Terror

Dominick Shauntee

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2015
Cincinnati,Ohio
I would use natural rock and aquascape my own rock cave .. local fish store near you should have plenty of choices .. i have been going to michaels lately to buy larger silk plants and get a great deal ..

Chockful O Phail

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2015
Council Bluffs, IA
Anubias or Java fern tied to driftwood is about the only thing most cichlids won't destroy. You could try crinum also but it's hard for me to find locally so haven't tried it yet.

Greenterrorlover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2015
Anubias or Java fern tied to driftwood is about the only thing most cichlids won't destroy. You could try crinum also but it's hard for me to find locally so haven't tried it yet.
Could I have a green terror and 4-5 roseline sharks, also another big schooling fish like the size of roseline sharks?

Chockful O Phail

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2015
Council Bluffs, IA
Hit or miss, if that's what you want try it. The GT I had left my clowns alone but harassed and beat up my chocolate. Give it a go, each individual fish is different but you have a decent chance to get one that won't harass the roselines. If you don't like the hump try for a female. Less likely to get a large hump but slightly less showy colors imo. You have a much better chance of getting a GT that is compatible with non-cichlid tank mates than the other way around.

Greenterrorlover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2015
Hit or miss, if that's what you want try it. The GT I had left my clowns alone but harassed and beat up my chocolate. Give it a go, each individual fish is different but you have a decent chance to get one that won't harass the roselines. If you don't like the hump try for a female. Less likely to get a large hump but slightly less showy colors imo. You have a much better chance of getting a GT that is compatible with non-cichlid tank mates than the other way around.
Do all males have a bump on thier head? Well atleast not a huge one lol I saw one with almost no bump and it was a male so I dont really have to worry about that :), I think the sharks will be fine. I will provide lots of hiding spots, (what decor do you recomend) and I will also do a school of 5 or more. I might get silver dollars. Any fish that look similar to roseline sharks? I like schooling fish of 4 or more :)

Chockful O Phail

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2015
Council Bluffs, IA
From what I understand male GTs get the hump either when trying to look big to competition or when old. I would stick with the roselines, a group of dollars would get cramped in your tank and their skittishness and shape would likely cause friction with the GT. You could try a group of swordtails. GT shouldn't bother full grown swordtails but will eat any fry so you wouldn't have to worry about a livebearer population explosion. For decor its up to you, I prefer the driftwood w/plants tied to it myself.

Greenterrorlover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2015
From what I understand male GTs get the hump either when trying to look big to competition or when old. I would stick with the roselines, a group of dollars would get cramped in your tank and their skittishness and shape would likely cause friction with the GT. You could try a group of swordtails. GT shouldn't bother full grown swordtails but will eat any fry so you wouldn't have to worry about a livebearer population explosion. For decor its up to you, I prefer the driftwood w/plants tied to it myself.
Ok any fish that look like roselines? Or how many total could I put?

Chockful O Phail

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2015
Council Bluffs, IA
In a 55 I would stick with the GT and 5-6 roselines or the 6-7 swordtails plus an albino bristlenose or green phantom pleco and call it good.

And replying here makes me want to get another tank and GT again lol.

Greenterrorlover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2015
In a 55 I would stick with the GT and 5-6 roselines or the 6-7 swordtails plus an albino bristlenose or green phantom pleco and call it good.

And replying here makes me want to get another tank and GT again lol.
lol and I have a 10 gallon with a dwarf gorami male (only one) the side of his face is a little swolen and its red and slightly bloody?! Anything I can do to help him ;(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store