Headed to miami

MHcblues119

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
Essex, New Jersey
Booked a spur of the moment trip to the Miami area today for nov 18-20. $127 round trip can't beat that. Hoping to get into my first peacock bass.

Anyone know any hot spots they wish to share privately? Will only be down there for 3 days and wish to respectfully catch some giants. Interested in all types of fish. Salt or freshwater.

Tarpon
Bass
Snook
Clown knives
And huge carp

Are on the top of my must catch fish

If anyone is from the area and wants to hit the water for a day let me know.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Heard browns canal is a good place for bullseye snakeheads and peacock bass but never had a chance to fish for them. Most of the fish u listed can be caught on small live cichlids/sunfish hooked thru the lower lip with a small panfish hook

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
I don't know any specific spots but just talking to locals at the mom and pop bait shops, bars, and popular fishing areas have always worked for us when we go salmon fishing.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Dustin3006

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2016
Florida
Booked a spur of the moment trip to the Miami area today for nov 18-20. $127 round trip can't beat that. Hoping to get into my first peacock bass.

Anyone know any hot spots they wish to share privately? Will only be down there for 3 days and wish to respectfully catch some giants. Interested in all types of fish. Salt or freshwater.

Tarpon
Bass
Snook
Clown knives
And huge carp

Are on the top of my must catch fish

If anyone is from the area and wants to hit the water for a day let me know.
I know this is super old but did you catch any? I was in Miami fishing at the same time but wasn't part of this forum. I

Dustin3006

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2016
Florida
And unfortunately I missed a tarpon around the 3-4ft mark. Saw him right at the bank. Got over excited when he went after my lure and went to set the hook and ripped it right from
His mouth.

View attachment 1218899

View attachment 1218900

View attachment 1218901
That's awesome, I missed a snakehead but somehow all I could catch were largemouth bass. I'm in central Florida about a 3 hr drive from Miami so I catch those all the time. Glad you did better than me! Would you mind telling me the area or canal you were in?

MHcblues119

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
Essex, New Jersey
That's awesome, I missed a snakehead but somehow all I could catch were largemouth bass. I'm in central Florida about a 3 hr drive from Miami so I catch those all the time. Glad you did better than me! Would you mind telling me the area or canal you were in?
Shoot me a pm. I'm actually moving to Miami in a month so maybe we could get out one day

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store