Hello Everyone! Looking for help getting started.

CedarAH

Feeder Fish
Sep 14, 2015
Good news everyone,

As a newly hired grounds manager at an animal hospital, I've recently been asked to upgrade/renovate a large aquarium that the veterinarian has always wanted to keep North American species in. The first order of business is ordering/building an aquarium big enough for the job and appropriately sized for the space he wants to put it. The largest aquarium I've ever worked with previously is my 55 gal. african cichlid aquarium, and I've never really put much thought into finding something near 300 gallons.

That said, could anyone point me in the direction of the best deals on 300 gal. aquariums?

Much appreciated,
Matthew

HumanBean

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Welcome to MFK.

Congratulations on your new job. Seems like a an excellent opportunity. It would you nice if you could close in the parameters around 300 gallon aquarium I.e. new aquarium or used ? We are talking about glass or acrylic? Standard night or width or there is custom requirement.

Here we have lots of member who are running an aquarium of this size for long. Lots of helpful and useful info.

So if these details are there it will be much easier to come up with answers :)

CedarAH

Feeder Fish
Sep 14, 2015
No problem,

1) New or used is fine.

2) I assumed it had to be glass if it was going to hold that much weight, but as long as it is structurally sound, anything goes.

3) Currently, I've been looking for 6' long, 2' deep and 3' high. Although the space I'm working with has a 26'' x 82'' base. So anything that fits within those dimensions is fine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store