HELP!!!!!!!!!!! (Gar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazyfish88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2009
BC, Canada
Keep your Gar on pellets. It's a lot healthier then feeders. My Florida Gar grew up on Hikari Arowana food sticks since I got him. He's grown from 4" to 11" in 7 months. Growing slow but healthy and still going strong. So your Gar should be fine. Nothing to worry about.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

monstersRus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2012
Earth
at least i think the oscars are. they r getting close, 1 is shaking its tail rapidly against the other and they never fought before.

aquaman95

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2011
washington
I don't think you will have a problem with oscars and gar together. Oscars are not very tough

Sent from my LGL55C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
I don't think you will have a problem with oscars and gar together. Oscars are not very tough

Sent from my LGL55C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
oscar can kill gar that small very easy and this is a pair of breeding oscar! after they pair up they will try to kill any fish that they think will threaten them and they babies.

monstersRus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2012
Earth
sadly just recently, my gar had some kind of illness with about 20 redish pink things coming out of his body and fins so i moved him in a 55 gallon and he got worse and i just could NOT put him down so i put him in a local pond

large sausage pizza

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2012
michigan
sadly just recently, my gar had some kind of illness with about 20 redish pink things coming out of his body and fins so i moved him in a 55 gallon and he got worse and i just could NOT put him down so i put him in a local pond
This is why fish get banned. Very poor choice, i hope you just weren't aware of how bad this was and learn from this. Please do not EVER release any kind of fish that was kept in an aquarium into the wild, no matter what.

Michael.M

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2012
Southern California
People like you are why fish get banned....-__-

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store