Help!! (Identify my cichlid

Samantha Ashley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2015
New Jersey
Hi, I am new to this hobby but I was just wondering if anyone could help me identify what type of African Cichlid I have. Been trying to figure out on the internet but not really getting anywhere. The Pet Store where I bought from were morons so I got no where fast with them, anyway, thanks in advance for the help!!

image.jpg

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
Probably a hybrid so if i were you i would just keep that as a show fish, and if you think it is something don't breed it because it might not be. It is at least part Pseudotropheus because of the shape of the mouth and the body.

Samantha Ashley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2015
New Jersey
Can someone please tell me what is wrong with my cichlid? He/she hasn't been attacked or anything, just got done doing a complete water change, and before the water change he/she was perfectly fine. My other cichlid sharing the tank is perfectly fine. She is laying completely on her side and breathing hard but not moving.

image.jpg

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
Sorry to say she is likely dying. Did she exhibit any symptoms before laying on the bottom?

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
water was treated before adding new water yes? and temp was fine?

pagdenjohn@

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2015
when looking at the fish the swelling of its abdomin to me would suggest bloat, was the fish eating and behaving normally before you did a water change?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store