Help my Senegal jumps, does it need special treatment?

Akaji

Feeder Fish
Nov 12, 2023
My Senegal Jumping out of the tank this morning, I found him very dry after I put him back in the tank he seemed to have no mucus and just perched on the top and occasionally at the bottomJumping out of the tank this morning, I found him very dry after I put him back in the tank he seemed to have no mucus and just perched on the top and occasionally at the bottom

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
My Senegal Jumping out of the tank this morning, I found him very dry after I put him back in the tank he seemed to have no mucus and just perched on the top and occasionally at the bottomJumping out of the tank this morning, I found him very dry after I put him back in the tank he seemed to have no mucus and just perched on the top and occasionally at the bottom
I mean, if he was breathing and everything, I think he should be fine. Bichirs can breathe out of water for a little while. I would keep a close eye on him, and don't bother him for a little while.

Reactions: tlindsey and Akaji

AR1

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
kingdom of saudi arabia, riyadth
welcome to MFK. they do jump sometimes often when they get excited for food. otherwise they usually come up to breath. mine do this frequently. However keep the water level in the aquarium a bit low to prevent any injuries or stuff like that

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store