HELP PLEASE

synrgst12017

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2016
My snow white swims like it has no fins and sits on the floor of the tank not moving at all. Ive never seen this before and i dont kno whats wrong. Can anyone help me please

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
We're going to need some more info to help you. Tanks size, stock list, water parameters, and how long the tank has been set up.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!

synrgst12017

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2016
We're going to need some more info to help you. Tanks size, stock list, water parameters, and how long the tank has been set up.
Tank mates are- convict butterkofri red zebra blue colbalt bumble bee rusty johani elongatus and a hybrid..tank has been up and runnin for 5-6 months..goin to do a water change tomorrow and had my water tested today and it was good..tank is a 38 gallon bow front

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Tank mates are- convict butterkofri red zebra blue colbalt bumble bee rusty johani elongatus and a hybrid..tank has been up and runnin for 5-6 months..goin to do a water change tomorrow and had my water tested today and it was good..tank is a 38 gallon bow front
That sounds like a huge bio load for a small tank like that.. How big are all those fish?

When you say you're water parameters are "good" what do you mean? What were the readings for Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate?
Even better if you know the GH KH and pH. :)

synrgst12017

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2016
That sounds like a huge bio load for a small tank like that.. How big are all those fish?

When you say you're water parameters are "good" what do you mean? What were the readings for Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate?
My lfs did not tel me the readings. He just told me that there was nithing wrong with my water and that it was good..my africans are 4-5in and a couplevare about 3 and my convict is about 5-6 and the butter is about 8 in

synrgst12017

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2016

I have 2 filters for up to 65 gallons. Im pushing about 450 gph

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
My lfs did not tel me the readings. He just told me that there was nithing wrong with my water and that it was good..my africans are 4-5in and a couplevare about 3 and my convict is about 5-6 and the butter is about 8 in
Next time you get someone else to test your tank ask them to write down the readings for you. I highly suggest investing in your own test kit, API master kits are good and not to expensive.

You have to many fish in your tank. All of your fish are going to get bigger so you're going to need a bigger tank soon - if not already. :)

Google "aquarium nitrogen cycle" "aerobic bacteria" "fish myths" and all of your fish's names.

Read up about your fish and learn about how big they can get and whether you can keep them together or not. I haven't kept many of the fish you have aside from convicts but I'll assume they probably won't all get along for much longer (I could be wrong though)

And the amount of filtration you have is alright, but you need to know the water parameters to really know if its working biologically.

Good luck.

Post Script: take anything you get told by a pet shop with a grain of salt, these people WILL lie to you just to make a sale, so be sure to google anything they tell you before you believe them. :)

synrgst12017

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2016
Next time you get someone else to test your tank ask them to write down the readings for you. I highly suggest investing in your own test kit, API master kits are good and not to expensive.

You have to many fish in your tank. All of your fish are going to get bigger so you're going to need a bigger tank soon - if not already. :)

Google "aquarium nitrogen cycle" "aerobic bacteria" "fish myths" and all of your fish's names.

Read up about your fish and learn about how big they can get and whether you can keep them together or not. I haven't kept many of the fish you have aside from convicts but I'll assume they probably won't all get along for much longer (I could be wrong though)

And the amount of filtration you have is alright, but you need to know the water parameters to really know if its working biologically.

Good luck.

Post Script: take anything you get told by a pet shop with a grain of salt, these people WILL lie to you just to make a sale, so be sure to google anything they tell you before you believe them. :)
I will do that..and ill buy the test kit this weekend. Ive had these fish bfore for many years. But ive never seen any of my fiah act the way my snow white is. When its feeding time he eats normal and swims normal. Its weird..but i really do appreciate the advice and help thank you

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
Your tank is too small. There's a good chance you have water issues and probably aggression problems. The butti alone will eventually need a 6ft tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store