Help!! Worms in the eyes???

sleepyflight

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
WTF I bout a silly friggin belly crawler pike from lfs today and as I'm watching him map out some places to hang my fish freak also roomate and I notice he has worms IN HIS EYES. They're crawling around behind the lens of the eye but not in or through the iris or pupil. What do I do??? To much environmental pieces to try to catch right now, everybody stirred from new intro's and the tank is atleast shoulder deep. Any safe meds that won't harm babies from my Escondido's?? Will this spread or do I have to get him out??? :feedback: :feedback: :help2: :help2:

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
its a parsite
i forget what to do tho

M|L

the asian
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2005
MY LITTLE WORLD
www.facebook.com
Probably anchor worms, you should go out and purchase (if available) the Jungle brand medication for that parasite. I've used this medication at half strength and it cleared out the worms on my old senegalus bichir.

sleepyflight

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I wondered about anchor worms but I've never seen them or heard of them other than being external. I'll try it....I do have jungle available....and I've moved a portion of my escondido babies over to a diff. tank (seem to be doing well so far) and if they do well I'll move the rest and med the tank if I can get most of the stuff out. Predicament I guess....don't want the babies to hang out too long because of the big marble cat and the only empty tank to move him into would be the babie tank (29gal) but no parents in there to protect them, and i'm sure the pike would clean house over there. Anyways, I'll have to see what I can spread out in the tank and med it and see what happens. I will say all the jungle products worked last time I tried them.

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
Possibly eye fluke try Jungle Labs parasite guard or clear they are broad spectrum anti parasitic meds-Anne

buddah101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2005
Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania
Man, I'm sorry to hear that, I know that you would've really enjoy'd the Belly crawler. I have never heard of such a thing but, I wonder if Mardels CopperSafe would touch it?
I wish I could be of more help.

sleepyflight

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Hhahahahahahaha.....My marble cat has staked his claim in life!! :hitting: I'm laughing because the pike was just a belly crawler but I won't have to worry about the disease spreading unless those particular worms can survive the cats digestive tract. I got home from work the other night....no pike and the marble cat was fat as hell!! :grinno:

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
sleepyflight said:
Hhahahahahahaha.....My marble cat has staked his claim in life!! :hitting: I'm laughing because the pike was just a belly crawler but I won't have to worry about the disease spreading unless those particular worms can survive the cats digestive tract. I got home from work the other night....no pike and the marble cat was fat as hell!! :grinno:
Might want to dose the cat with garlic, it is a fair vermifuge.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store