Help

Catfishbichir

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2015
I have been fishing for a state record northern pike for about a year now. I realize northern pike are easy to catch but the thing is. There is only him in the lake, so no other. If anyone can give me tips it would be very helpful.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Are you saying that there is only one pike in the lake you're fishing, at that this pike is a state record? Did someone put it there? Either way, it'd help to know the size, depth, water clarity, various substrates, and plant species in the lake, to help narrow down where and how to fish.

Catfishbichir

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2015
Its the only in the lake. The species died off years ago. It was about 4 ft in july. The lake is 20 ft deep, whereas algae begins 4 feet deep. The water is pretty cloudy, about 4 ft on a good day, 2 inches on a bad. Oh and its very muddy

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
no cuz im in nj and its catch and release
You don't kill the fish with electrofish just stuns them so you can pick them up with a net.

Well you can ask Jeremy clarkson from river monsters he always catches that one fish no one can lol haha but all seriousness what's the reason to catch this guy?

Catfishbichir

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2015
Lol it would be too hard. And the reason is she is a state record, beating it by a mininum of 5 lbs

blindkiller85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Orlando, FL
*sigh* is there any other kind of fish in the lake? I'm assuming so if this pike is still alive. Otherwise, it would be dead. That being said, catch some of the smaller fish in the lake and use it with a float (bobber) and throw it out. If at first you don't succeed, then you know you're fishing and keep trying.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store