Here we go again... New tank new journey...

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
As some might know, i had an accident recently with my old 50G shrimp tank, and discovered that it was failing and needed to be replaced...

So went out and got myself a new cabinet and new ADA tank, since i thought cant go wrong with Japanese quality...

Just doing a test fill now before i empty the tank tomorrow and start slowly planning the scape...

So this will kinda be a journal of the new tank setup process...

Now on with some pics...

The new tank and stand (still need to put a background on)
image.jpeg

Some of the new and old rocks + Driftwood
image.jpeg

Manu8__too

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2013
Can't wait to see it!

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Thanks for the vote of confidence...

And i must say im quite excited as well... And with the tank sitting higher up this time around, at least i'll get a good view while sitting on the couch...

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
After a bit of cursing and a 2nd sheet of vinyl the background is finally on... Just got to give it a few more runs across the vinyl to remove any minor air bubbles...

image.jpeg

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
So went out and got myself a new cabinet and new ADA tank, since i thought cant go wrong with Japanese quality.
I remember a time when Japanese products were branded "crap" in the USA...how times have changed lol. I wonder if Chinese made products will follow suit 30 years, or so, from now.

That's a sweet looking set-up already, now get that thing completed already....slacker!:D

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ i must admit i have been slacking ever so slightly, but at the same time its nice just admiring the empty tank and planning the possibilities in my head...

Also might wait for the weekend so i can get my dad involved, since he quit the hobby a few years ago and still gets the itch to tinker with my tanks whenever be gets the chance lol...

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Really makes me want an ADA tank lol. What's your plans for it? Shrimp and plants? Maybe some minnows? :p

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store