Hey Mods...

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Can I advertise for my Charter Business in the sticky section of the fishing section? LoL I'm just half kidding but I just noticed that one thread and thought it was funny. Carry on....

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Well that was quick!

Speaking of the charter business though, I REALLY wanted to name my boat hydrolycus but alas since not everyone is a fish nerd nor can spell I had to decide against it for business reasons. :(

blindkiller85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Orlando, FL
When you're looking for a name I'd look at making it personal. Aside from fishing and being on the water, what else drives your interest? And no I'm not talking about like chasing tail, though that'd be a good name too. Chasing Tail - going after the fish and the women and having a beer along the way.

But what else do you like to spend time doing, or playing or whatever. Think of odd ways of describing it and applying it to a single word or two short words for a name.

I have no shame and I love my huskies because they are my children since I can't have any. I'd call mine the SS Furbaby and I'd have pictures of my dogs on the boat to explain.

Reactions: convict360

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
A lot of the commercial fishing boats (lobster, dragger, etc) up here are named after a family member of the captain, usually his wife or a child.

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
A lot of the commercial fishing boats (lobster, dragger, etc) up here are named after a family member of the captain, usually his wife or a child.
I should clarify, I want to make the name of my boat the same name as my business. You don't have to but it makes things easier for potential clients to remember.

Right now I kind of do "contract" work and just run trips on my boat but a percentage goes to the booking agent.

I am wanting to go out on my own this season so I need a business and boat name that is catchy and easy to remember. As of right now Bite Back Charters (boat name F/V Bite Back) is on the top of my list. Catchy, easy to spell and easy to remember.

Of course it has no personal meaning for me, which kind of bums me out...

What do you y'all think? I'd figure my fellow fish nerds who also like to fish may come up with something!

Last edited:

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I should clarify, I want to make the name of my boat the same name as my business. You don't have to but it makes things easier for potential clients to remember.

Right now I kind of do "contract" work and just run trips on my boat but a percentage goes to the booking agent.

I am wanting to go out on my own this season so I need a business and boat name that is catchy and easy to remember. As of right now Bite Back Charters (boat name F/V Bite Back) is on the top of my list. Catchy, easy to spell and easy to remember.

Of course it has no personal meaning for me, which kind of bums me out...

What do you y'all think? I'd figure my fellow fish nerds who also like to fish may come up with something!
I like "bite back"......you take people out to catch fish that bite so hard, it makes you want to bite 'em back or referring to spicy foods....offer up some Cajun/creole reipes to your customers after they're packaging up their freshly filleted fish, wondering which ways to cook it, right? If I go out and catch Swordfish, Yellowtail Snapper and Redfish, those are all best cooked different styles, be it Hawaiian, Cajun, Creole, Blackened, Deep-fried, whatever have you.

IDK just a thought. Also, catching fish so big, your spotter needs to hold you so close they "Bite your Back" lol. Just some creative thoughts

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store