HOLE IN THE HEAD + THIAMINASE - What you need to know!!!!!!

BloodParrot

Feeder Fish
Apr 14, 2010
Canada
Thanks Miles!
My fish had this huge gaping hole in its head and I was so scared that the other fish ate it or something but now I know what happened and now I can treat it :)

lujor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Here&There
So livebearers are thiaminase-free? Didn't see them on the list, but wanted to make sure.

Reactions: Tony A.

Dullamite

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2010
Portland, OR
Can there be any problems with feeding large amounts of insects, like mealworms, earthworms crickets ect.? My fish goard them selfs, when I feed them bugs.

goestonemoa

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2010
okotoks ab
www.ghosttowntattoos.com
for the longest time i though that this was a contageous disease...thanks for the great info everyone...i only have one oscar with HITH and it has slowly staryed to heal up bit by bit with better food and more frequent water changes.... i used to feed them gold fish all the time now i feel real bad for doing it to both of the fish....

burzumaske20

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
Illinois
I could never get my Oscar to eat hikari large pellets :/.Anything else I can do besides bloodworms,shrimp,and krill?I hear earthworms is good for oscars,not sure what are the benefits of it though.I thought rosey fishes are consider good to use for feeding the cichlids.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store