How do you breed earth eater cichlids/geophagus

Captain tank

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2015
Hi, does anyone know how to breed three spotted earth eaters ( Satanoperca daemon )?
I'm ordering a group of six from the wet spot in Portland Oregon. I have a 55 gallon fish tank with a sand substrate, it has driftwood and fake plants. I've got an orbit marine LED lighting system with timer, and I've got an aqua top canister filter with UV. I keep the tank at 80 degrees F. I also have a few flat rocks in there, and I keep my PH low to stimulate an Amazon river habitat.

Reactions: djsaltynuts

Southjerseycichlidz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
Hi, does anyone know how to breed three spotted earth eaters ( Satanoperca daemon )?
I'm ordering a group of six from the wet spot in Portland Oregon. I have a 55 gallon fish tank with a sand substrate, it has driftwood and fake plants. I've got an orbit marine LED lighting system with timer, and I've got an aqua top canister filter with UV. I keep the tank at 80 degrees F. I also have a few flat rocks in there, and I keep my PH low to stimulate an Amazon river habitat.
Just like any other cichlid watch for them to pair up and you can pull the male my buddy breeds them with no effort

Reactions: Captain tank

Ponera

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
mine never paired up. The males always just flip out and attack all the females.

Just like my N. brichardi that only had my two males pair up and ignore the females.

djsaltynuts

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2020
turn your heater off as a trigger.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store