How long without food?

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
They will be fine if they aren't fed for a week, I wouldn't do the auto feeder and definitely not the food block.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Why wouldnt u do an auto feeder lol?? I use these all the time for my shoal of red belly piranha and they work perfect.

So what the big deal? Hes going away for a week and he doesnt wanna starve his fish.

Plus i use my auto feeder 24/7 so i dont have to feed them and its a consistent schedule of feeding.

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Thanks, also I am assuming that it works with nls pellets (1mm)
Yes i use 4mm pellets and this model can dispurse 50pellets to 6 pellets and everywhere in between, to dial it in just load it up with pellets and put the setting in the middle and hit the auto feed button, if its too much adjust it back a little, that way the pellets fall in ur hand to set it right. Once its perfect set the time and clamp it to the tank and perfect timed doses of pellets each day!

Priceless and no worries

C L O W N K N I F E

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
Plumas Lake, California
I too would be cautious of using an autofeeder as I've heard many stories of them failing unexpectedly and people losing hundreds of dollars worth of fish or prized fish, but if you want to try your luck its up to you. Its best to have someone you trust and knows how much to feed-- who can feed them while your gone.

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
I too would be cautious of using an autofeeder as I've heard many stories of them failing unexpectedly and people losing hundreds of dollars worth of fish or prized fish, but if you want to try your luck its up to you. Its best to have someone you trust and knows how much to feed-- who can feed them while your gone.
Thats why i reccomended mine which is very sturdy with a clamp that you adjust on the tank. Trust me its more then solid and would never fall in the tank lmao

Yes if u set it on a lid or hob the vibration will make it fall possibly.

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
damn,, ur going for a week only? i have to go overseas for 10 days for a funeral.. i stop feeding my fish 2 days prior and at the day of departure, im going to do a water change.. my tank is a bit overstock too.. 120g w/ frt turtle, 2 parrorts, 2 datnoids, 4 clownloaches, 2 red severums and 1 flagtail and a ornate..

i think the worst thing to do is to have auto feeder or have some1 feed them. it will foul the water.

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
damn,, ur going for a week only? i have to go overseas for 10 days for a funeral.. i stop feeding my fish 2 days prior and at the day of departure, im going to do a water change.. my tank is a bit overstock too.. 120g w/ frt turtle, 2 parrorts, 2 datnoids, 4 clownloaches, 2 red severums and 1 flagtail and a ornate..

i think the worst thing to do is to have auto feeder or have some1 feed them. it will foul the water.
Yea feeding ur overstocked tank will cuz will cause foul water and need more frequent water changes/vac.

For those of us with normal/moderate bio load and heavy duty filtration a 10 day vacay with once a day minimal feedings WONT FOUL THE WATER. I JUST DID IT AND IM LIVING PROOF.

Thats why the auto feeder is adjustable. Mine fed 13-16 med. sized pellets once per day.

Cheers

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store