how many trigger in a 150 gal

Fabsham

Feeder Fish
Jun 6, 2016
I just picked up a 150 gallon off craigslist, it was already setup for a saltwater and i am very intrested in keeping triggerfish. I am wonder how many i could keep in this tank of if i should keep one and other fish. I know that these can be aggressive fish and want to know what kinds i can keep with them. Thanks!

Oxymus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Freehold
1 trigger and other fishes, you might ended up with trigger only tank singly cause it might decide to kill everything overnight when it hit 6+ inches (my guess you aim to get a clown trigger).

LadAShark

Exodon
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
I just picked up a 150 gallon off craigslist, it was already setup for a saltwater and i am very intrested in keeping triggerfish. I am wonder how many i could keep in this tank of if i should keep one and other fish. I know that these can be aggressive fish and want to know what kinds i can keep with them. Thanks!
1 trigger, no more.

fishfanatic80

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2011
Long island
I've seen people keep indo black triggers and pink tails together. I've also seen crosshatch trigger pair in a tank although expensive. But unfortunately more often than not the rule with most saltwater fish is one per tank. You can get away with keeping multiple tangs and wrasses in a tank if introduced at the same time. But triggers also grow to be large fish so you'll need a bigger tank if you want to keep more then one. Hope this helps

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store