How often should I feed new TSN?

AndyClaire

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2007
Fareham, Hampshire, UK
After reading a few of the threads on here I'd like some advice on how often to feed my nes TSN. It's about 10" at the moment and is in with a real mixture of cichlids until the new tank for him and the aro is ready. Any suggestions??

AndyClaire

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2007
Fareham, Hampshire, UK
He's eating wafers, about 8-10 in one go, so think he may need something else! Will also eat the cichlid pellets too.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Most people would kill to have tsn that will eat pellets. If you add anything make it shrimp or krill cut to the size of his mouth.

Mystix212

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Feeding twice per day is fine untill he's a foot or so. Any bigger and you only need to feed once a day. Once he has attained a size of 2ft+, you can quite easily skip some meals.

vinson lim

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
malaysia
i feed my TSNs (my avatar) 3 times a week, wth meat sch as beef, chicken, fish, hotdogs.... etc.

KittyKatKeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2007
Bellport, NY
When my TSN was 10" I fed him feeders and pellets small pieces of meat left over from dinner. problem at the time was his tank mate was a much more aggressive eater and was outgrowing him. One day he started eating algae wafers which the RTC HATED and believe it or not he caught up to the RTC in size. My guy is about 17" - 18" now and He eats Massavore every night only about 5-6 pellets, 2x per week they get a dozen med gold fish feeders to share. also will eat anything I am eating - chicken - Turkey - pork. It's so hard with what to feed all my fish, and I always worry about overfeeding. I try to judge by what others feed and what a healthy fish should look like. when my guys were smaller they used to get bigger belly's, they just don't seem to eat like that any more. They don't act like their starving and look good.

my LFS received an adoption last year of a 2 foot RTC and the woman said she fed it lunch meat only, I heard on MFK that someone feeds their fish dog food. go figure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store