How to make your own Carp Boillie's ( Bait )

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
i use frozen mix white and gold curnel corn, and oatmeal balls. bread balls work well also.

szymon328

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2010
New Jersey
what i find to work good is the sweetest corn you can get. i also make a chum out of patatoes flour sugar and some other stuff i dont fish carp to offten but i think the sweeter you make your bait the more carp you catch correct me if im wrong:D

fisherman1035

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2010
Nebraska
when i go carp fishing i always find good luck in big rivers using a setline with up to 2 whole night crawlers

catman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2008
Indiana
Wheaties are excellent bait for carp because they stay on the hook well and keep there smell for a good amount of time.

basskid081990

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
CT
I use oatmeal wet and packed into a small ball on your hook....pack it real tiht and cast easy....works every time.....channel cats seem to like it too

sunney

Feeder Fish
May 30, 2012
UK
www.sencart.com
Making boilies is not as difficult as some anglers would have you believe. Although ready-made or shelf life boilies are extremely effective and do catch a great number of carp, making boilies will improve your catches, save you money and can be fun. Many serious carp anglers would not consider using ready mades and insist on making their own. Their argument being that by using only fresh ingredients, which will be more acceptable to the carp, your catch rates will increase dramatically. The other argument in favour of home made boilies is of course cost. Making a reasonable sized batch of your own boilies, especially if you share the cost with a friend, can save a good deal of expense, and once you have some of the basic tools and flavours in stock, they become increasingly cheaper with each batch.

AU_Arowana-RG

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2008
Cebu, Phillipines
Interesting.

Considering that making your own boilies can help in catching some nice carp, would anyone have thoughts about their application as a fish food?

Just wanted to know. I'd love to go fishing for carp some time, but making your own fish food is also something I'd want to do for my pet fish.

Fisher...

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2016
Mn
We always used corn and it worked very well but we had a buddy that worked at a local pizza place and would use old pizza dough with some "secret extra spices" he'd add to it. He always out fished us 5:1 or better and would never share any dough with any of us! (that selfish turd! hahaha)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store