How To Remove Glass From Drill Hole

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
Melt what? All you do is get the line in the gap between the tank glass and the patch glass and work it back and forth. You don't have to use that specific line. I just keep tons around for my shark fishing

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
All you do is get the line in the gap between the tank glass and the patch glass and work it back and forth. You don't have to use that specific line. I just keep tons around for my shark fishing
According to the OP, he can't even get a razor between the glass layer.

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
According to the OP, he can't even get a razor between the glass layer.
Which I don't understand either...
There is a gap between the panes of glass. This is there because they are in fact 2 separate pieces. In theory you notch the corner of the silicone to make a hard edge. Then work the fishing line into the edge. Once you get it started it shouldn't take long.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
There is a gap between the panes of glass. This is there because they are in fact 2 separate pieces. In theory you notch the corner of the silicone to make a hard edge. Then work the fishing line into the edge. Once you get it started it shouldn't take long.
there is obviously a hap but a very small gap. micro - millimeters wide. this is not the 2 side panels of an aquarium. this is a patch of glass pushed over a drill hole. it's sandwiched onto the bottom.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
taking apart the side panels is nothing, obviously they are separated but this panel is covering a bulkhead not a side or front piece. there is no gap to get something between

20150730_142931.jpg

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
I look at the pics and just can't comprehend. You're saying you can't take a single sided blade and force it right at the 90° corner and get it to go into the gap at all? If not push harder. This shouldn't be that hard

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
Just drill it. You'll do more damage prying against the tank's glass if it's sandwiched that tight.

Worst case scenario you crack the glass on the patch, so that's a win win.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I look at the pics and just can't comprehend. You're saying you can't take a single sided blade and force it right at the 90° corner and get it to go into the gap at all? If not push harder. This shouldn't be that hard
again as I said you cannot get anything between the two panes of glass. it is that hard if you can't get anything between them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store