How to tweak my set up for a poly

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
I have a 150 gal with an ornate and endli 10 ish and 13 ish inches and they kind of make it look small (width wise) imo that aro needs a bigger tank now.
Ya I know the arowana needs a bigger tank which is why I'm making the big bucks now so I can hopefully buy one in the near distant future or a Intex pool as temporary I live in Florida sooo it would be ok for short term.

tommyfc3s

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2013
New Jersey
like everyone else said the cories will have to be moved and i personally would move the angels if they're on the smaller side. i more or less have the same setup decent size aro, 3 bp, 1 pbass, 1 datnoid, 3 silver dollars and 3 bichirs (ornate, endli, congi all around 14"). i've also had a large flowerhorn in there without incident suprisingly.

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
like everyone else said the cories will have to be moved and i personally would move the angels if they're on the smaller side. i more or less have the same setup decent size aro, 3 bp, 1 pbass, 1 datnoid, 3 silver dollars and 3 bichirs (ornate, endli, congi all around 14"). i've also had a large flowerhorn in there without incident suprisingly.
The Cories are officially gone so now I can try a bichir maybe

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
You should look into a lower jaw species, the only upper jaw i know that grows big enough for aro is ornate, unless u have a sperate tank to raise any poly till they hit 12", i wont put it with the aro.

Reactions: DMD123

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
The larger upper jaws would be the ornate, weeksii and teugelsi. The ornate would be the most reasonable in cost and easily accessible of the three at larger sizes. I would probably also recommend a lower jaw like Polyaddict86 mentioned. A larger CB endli should not be too difficult to get.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store