How We Moved Our 5 Foot Arapaima Gigas

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
i am not at all sure what i have done if if didnt !!!!

!!!:arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :turtle:

jones;624034; said:
yup, seein those pictures of him 'sedated', i can see that being a brutally tense minute for sure!!!

glad all worked out as planned...

all the best

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
this is monsterfishkeepers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks

!!!:arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :turtle:

davo;624043; said:
Awesome article to read, cheers. Looked like an adventure. A lot of effort went into moving that beautiful gigas, but then again, this is MonsterFishKeepers.

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
i will never tell about the brick !!! thanks for the nice words !!

Joshy;624075; said:
I am so glad it all worked out! Well done on your planning, holding your ground and not dropping a brick through your pants during the very tense times. You are a flagship to our hobby!

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
look thru the photos....you will see that:

we mounted a pulley on the roof and lifted him in a sling....the new tank is next to the old tank.....out of water less than 60 secs....but he is an air breather.......

The Happy Mud Skipper;624157; said:
how did you lift him?? and how far away is the tank you moved him from?? How did you transpot mit and how long out of water was he??

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
Matt...........thanks for all your help and advice along the way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zoodiver;624238; said:
John,
I'm happy to see this thread finally! Good job on the move. Looks like it wall went very smooth. I know the feeling of waiting for fish to recover from MS222 oh too well.
Love the pictures and a well written summary of the event. Congrats! :clap

To everyone else,
Sedating obligate air breathers (especially arapaima) is an art that not many professional aquarists will tackle. The words and pictures here can't begin to describe how much prep and care went in to such a task. This is huge for a hobbiest to accomplish.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
johnptc;624323; said:
Matt...........thanks for all your help and advice along the way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No problem. You are more than welcome. Sometime you'll have to come see my set up once it's up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store