I HATE to Cull Fish!! What would you do?

What would you do with a deformed growout??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Modest_Man;1485232;Hey ShadowStryder said:
Modest, Its doing well at about 5.5", it is with my Zo, Pink Fen, and Regani. Not sure if female or male. Hasn't showed its tubes yet. been thinking about flipping her over and checking but wasn't sure if it was oO or what.
I got three others (well two now) a few months back. Hey I was told by some vendors on another site that Rapps gets alot of his Viejas from Conkel.
Do you know this to be true or not. Just curious.

Oh sorry for the derail Balton.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I once bought a ARTC and didn't realize that it had no eyes (it was about an inch when I first bought him). And I'll be honest...as much as I wanted to cull it, I didn't have the heart. So I kept it and raised it. I admit that I used him to cycle new tanks and he was always the "tester" It died while I was on an externship. My Dad told me after I got back :(

Modest_Man

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2006
Washington
ShadowStryder;1486317; said:
Modest, Its doing well at about 5.5", it is with my Zo, Pink Fen, and Regani. Not sure if female or male. Hasn't showed its tubes yet. been thinking about flipping her over and checking but wasn't sure if it was oO or what.
I got three others (well two now) a few months back. Hey I was told by some vendors on another site that Rapps gets alot of his Viejas from Conkel.
Do you know this to be true or not. Just curious.

Oh sorry for the derail Balton.
No idea.

I'm still waiting for a photo of this deformed fish. ;)

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
Modest_Man;1486395; said:
No idea.

I'm still waiting for a photo of this deformed fish. ;)

I should have culled this fish months ago when I first noticed it was mis-shaped. Alright Modest_Man here it is. He's not in pain or anything and he's growing at the same rate as the other 3. He eats fine, swims normal and defends himself like a normal ciclid. The problem is it's shaped like a spoon. One side curves inward and the other side curves outward.

I'm going to see if my lfs will take it for free.

02-04-08 052.jpg

mbunafishkeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2007
Bristol (UK)
bin it..

Steve p

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2007
Bristol UK
Scoop it out pop it in an old sock take it out the back yard and wack it against a wall. Job done.

Steve

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Miami
i know it was hard to come to that decision, but it was for the best. still, it hurts :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store