I just found a baby yellow belly slider in my pool...

Nativefishkeeper904

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2015
I just found this little guy in my pool but I don't know what to do with him. I have a 55 gallon cichlid tank but I don't think he could go in there. I have a 10 gallon quarantine tank that I could keep him in for a few months but I don't know what to do.. Any suggestions?image.jpeg

TroyMIfishkeeper

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2015
Troy, Michigan USA
Where are you located? If you're someplace where YBS aren't native then chances are he was someone's pet, otherwise you could always release him in a nearby pond.
OR if you're sure it's a yellow belly and not a Cumberland, and depending on where you are and if you're willing to ship, I'll take him off your hands haha

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Where are you located? If you're someplace where YBS aren't native then chances are he was someone's pet, otherwise you could always release him in a nearby pond.
OR if you're sure it's a yellow belly and not a Cumberland, and depending on where you are and if you're willing to ship, I'll take him off your hands haha
yea I was about to say, that looks like a Redear or a Cumberland.....color's all wrong for Yellowbelly

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
I was under the impression that most turtles are a lost cause after they've been in a chlorinated pool long enough.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store