I rescued a turtle today.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
vit A deficiency would not do that alone. Though it is a very common problem. If you wipe the eye with a warm gauze does most of it wipe away or stay attached to her head? if it is truly an eye infection you would need medicated drops. I honestly don't think LFS would have that OTC but maybe. Otherwise you will need a vet to get hold of some

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
vit A deficiency would not do that alone. Though it is a very common problem. If you wipe the eye with a warm gauze does most of it wipe away or stay attached to her head? if it is truly an eye infection you would need medicated drops. I honestly don't think LFS would have that OTC but maybe. Otherwise you will need a vet to get hold of some
I wonder if it is even treatable at this point as the previous owner claimed that it has been that way for a few years.She also said that she thought it was a cataract and actually tried to pop the swelling....I did not venture to ask her how or with what..

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
She had the nerve to tell me that she had another turtle that wound up dying after both of it's eyes got infected and swelled up.I told her that she needs to stick with playing with her cell phone and leave the pets animals alone.
now report her for real lol.

Reactions: Frank Castle

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
it is treatable just takes time and patients. longest it took of of the rescued res to heal
for me was around 5 months. takes time but will heal.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
it is treatable just takes time and patients. longest it took of of the rescued res to heal
for me was around 5 months. takes time but will heal.
That is good to know.I'm not the biggest RES fan....snappers and DBTs are more my tastes but I'm really starting to like the little guy.

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
That is good to know.I'm not the biggest RES fan....snappers and DBTs are more my tastes but I'm really starting to like the little guy.
ya not a big fan of res's myself minus the morphs lol waiting for a new clutch of dbt
to hatch from a breeder so i can get some more but unfortunately i gotta wait till around
spring time or so.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store