I would like to stock my 10 gallon reef with one more creature, but I'm having trouble.

timetraveler22

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2014
Miami
My current stock with fish includes a Skilletfish and a flametail blenny. I would like to add one more interesting showy creature that I can stare at forever. The problem is my skilletfish. I caught him while I was looking for shrimp to use as bait, and I fell in love with him. And since he isn't very flashy in color and usually hides, nobody else would like to keep him :(. However, his mouth controls him so I've lost a couple other rare nanos, so no gobies(which really dissapoints me). He isn't aggressive to fish his size(like my blenny) but he can be a little mean sometimes.

Knowing that, I came up with a couple options to finish the tanks stock:
1. Bangai Cardinalfish
2. Royal Gramma
3. Sixline Wrasse
4. Cherubfish
5. Blood Shrimp

I do have a mangrove sapling in the tank and I have a breeder box full of chaeto to clean up the nitrates and whatnot in between water change days.

I would really like to add something that can swim(or at least stay out in the open so I can at least see some extra movement to give the tank a bit more life, but if you guys think it's at it's max, than that's alright with me.

Username.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2014
Virginia, US
I'd try the royal gramma and a shrimp.
+1 and the six line will get territorial after a while and should be kept alone in a tank at least less than 15g, imo.

timetraveler22

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2014
Miami
+1 and the six line will get territorial after a while and should be kept alone in a tank at least less than 15g, imo.
Thank you! It won't be for a couple more weeks, but I'll promise you guys some pictures!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store