Ice fishing season for me.

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
Nice pike haul! It's been so mild here I haven't wanted to risk going on the ice.

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
Didnt even get a chance to go out this year in PA. Never got ice in SEPA and only had solid ice for 2 weeks in NCPA. Real shame one of my favorite ways to fish.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Lots of fishing going on. Now I got the itch to start again.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Those are crappie right? Damn caught a lot. I recently went and caught like a dozen sunfish!
Yup these are crappies. I didn't usually go after sunfish in winters since I could always fish for them in summer anyways.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Yup these are crappies. I didn't usually go after sunfish in winters since I could always fish for them in summer anyways.
Yeah thats true I was upset when I caught the sunfish though. I wish I can catch crappie that big around here. I usually go fishing in some lakes or pond. Lake Michigan is always crowded

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Yeah thats true I was upset when I caught the sunfish though. I wish I can catch crappie that big around here. I usually go fishing in some lakes or pond. Lake Michigan is always crowded
You can fish all day for Crappie and not catch any unless you know where they are, but you plow into a school, it's one after another. They are SUCH a delicious fish too....I don't even fillet them, I just descale, behead and gut them, slice the posterior section on each side behind the vent and cut the fins off with heavy-duty shears, = 10 time more meat.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
You can fish all day for Crappie and not catch any unless you know where they are, but you plow into a school, it's one after another. They are SUCH a delicious fish too....I don't even fillet them, I just descale, behead and gut them, slice the posterior section on each side behind the vent and cut the fins off with heavy-duty shears, = 10 time more meat.
Yeah its a hit or a miss. I never ate carp does anyone on here taste grass carp? I was going to take some for my father for his koi pond but he didn't want them at all he said they might cross breed and stuff

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store