!!ID Fish Please!!!

driftwood

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I have never seen Myrnae at Pet smart in my area. Myrnae are threatened in nature but I've seen them quite a bit on Rapps site lately so hobbiest must be doing there part to keep this beautiful species around. That being said they are not as aggressive as a convict. My female just recently killed my male so that really upset me so you might want to watch out for that. They did really well in a tank by themselves but once i added other cichlids to the tank they changed and the female became very aggressive with the male to the point of killing him. This is 1 of my favorites from the Archocentrus/cryptohero group.

dyajz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2007
Syracuse
driftwood;1333345; said:
I have never seen Myrnae at Pet smart in my area. Myrnae are threatened in nature but I've seen them quite a bit on Rapps site lately so hobbiest must be doing there part to keep this beautiful species around. That being said they are not as aggressive as a convict. My female just recently killed my male so that really upset me so you might want to watch out for that. They did really well in a tank by themselves but once i added other cichlids to the tank they changed and the female became very aggressive with the male to the point of killing him. This is 1 of my favorites from the Archocentrus/cryptohero group.
How big are yours and do you mind posting some pictures of them? When I bought them, the male was beating up on the female which is about an inch smaller..right now i think they are about 3inches..now, I have them in a 125g with my Viejas Syns is that good or should i move them to the 30 by themselves?

dyajz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2007
Syracuse
jtrotter77;1333654; said:
i'd be concerned about the vieja taking them out.How large are they?
viejas are the same size as them..3-2inches..as of what im seeing the topaz are punking the viejas right now..but they are on their own side of the tank basically

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store