If you couldn't keep cichlids...

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
What would you keep and why?

I have never really been able to tear myself away from cichlids. They have always been the centre piece of any tank I set up.
I do like the idea of a puffer species tank and I have also considered dedicating a tank to a shoal of pim cats.
Just curious as to what other members would go for if cichlids were off the table an why??

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Silver dollars, there always fish put in tanks just as a filler to a main centre piece fish, but every time I have had them I really enjoy them,, so I think I would do a tank with them as the centre piece

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Given that I've recently steered away from cichlids, I've found myself drawn towards discus, neon/cardinals, dwarf puffers, and Betta's again; (separate tanks of course lol)

neutrino

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic, US
Would probably be a long list for me. Just for starters, some would be fish I've kept before, arowana, various farowella and other oddball cats, chalceus... some fish I haven't kept but always liked or thought I'd try someday-- monos and native sunfish come right to mind.

Guapoteguy291

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2015
I would totally go native. As an avid angler it's something that's been in the back of my mind for years just haven't pulled the trigger on it, can't kick the amphilophus addiction.

Reactions: mrrobxc

axs377

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA
I'd probably go back to salt. Great color and personality, just a pain in the butt...

Chiapet29

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2015
long island, ny
Silver dollars, there always fish put in tanks just as a filler to a main centre piece fish, but every time I have had them I really enjoy them,, so I think I would do a tank with them as the centre piece
I've always liked puffers as well, I had a green spotted puffer that didn't make it do to the water conditions in my tank, they are very sensitive the p/h & all the parameters must be just right for them to strive,

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store