If you have a bichir pile or bichir colllection please insert a comment

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Is there anyway I can break him from eating other bichirs? And I hear when endis are smaller their more cannabalistic could it be the same for him he was like 3 1/2 at the time. Little squirt. Will he want to eat other bichirs when he gets bigger?
break him off live food is the only advice I can give you on that. its hardwired in to predators to eat smaller prey when available, so he may grow out of it, he may not. the only safe bet is to make sure your growouts are large enough that he doesn't see them as a potential meal. You can't break a fish of natural instinct, at least I don't believe its possible.

Champagne Papi

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2015
break him off live food is the only advice I can give you on that. its hardwired in to predators to eat smaller prey when available, so he may grow out of it, he may not. the only safe bet is to make sure your growouts are large enough that he doesn't see them as a potential meal. You can't break a fish of natural instinct, at least I don't believe its possible.
Would it be better to trade him for a small wc delhezi around the same size then try to put them in or just be patient and let them grow?

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
Just add em in with those sizes u should be fine unless one is really mean as long as they aren't on live food if they r ... Don't do it .... And as far as the wc lap bein the one to worry about ... It's not iv never had or heard if a lap eating another bichir it's always endlis

Champagne Papi

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2015
Just add em in with those sizes u should be fine unless one is really mean as long as they aren't on live food if they r ... Don't do it .... And as far as the wc lap bein the one to worry about ... It's not iv never had or heard if a lap eating another bichir it's always endlis
Good thing I got a cb one \^__^/ I've gotten them off live feeders I'll buy them shiners kill them and freeze them then give it to them instead but would worms make it bad?

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I thought I read into his post saying his lap did eat another that's the only reason I cautioned him on the lap, I was wrong I see now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store