Information on Malawi Peacocks

Cichlidcentral

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 19, 2011
California
Hey guys! I have had both good and bad experiences with peacocks and to avoid all problems, be sure your peacocks have their first choice of territory or your other fish will be killed as they try to dominate their domain, I have lost three peacocks due to this error :(

Cricket81321

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2011
Cortez,Co
I use brine shrimp frozen blood worms and offer live foods also ghost shrimp and feeder guppies seem to work good and my peacock's have awesome color

Cricket81321

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2011
Cortez,Co
Having tank trouble. Have a 55 gal peacock tank, six weeks old. Added ten peacock's after four weeks. The water was perfect.72 degrees 8.0 Ph no ammonia no nitrates or nitrites. Six days ago ammonia spike as well as nitrates and nitrites. Done 25% water. Change and no luck in them dropping. Added prime three days ago and still high? Any suggestions?

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Do daily water changes until the ammonia level drops. Cut back on feeding. Feed once a day and skip a day or two each week. Fish will be fine. Do you have enough filtration on your tank? If not, you can always add an air operated sponge filter to your tank.

Cricket81321

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2011
Cortez,Co
I feed once a day at night have a backpack filter at250 gph. What % water change? And they all act fine. I have 3 females carrying and one just laid today

Spicy Frog

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2013
Houston, TX
For color, I use Omega One Natural Protein Formula - Super Color Cichlid Pellets
A lot of people swear by New Life Spectrum - Cichlid Formula. I plan on trying it soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store