****ing nitrate spikes

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
god dangit the freaking largemouth died today. Left to go get my kid and noticed fish wasnt acting right in the 75. Planed on doin watter change when i got backl. Got back and the bass was floating and jag wasnt looking good. Dammit . the jag looks like it gonna be opk i threw him in the 150 . Guessing i didnt let the tank cycle enuf befor adding fish. Ima let it run a week or so then try adding some again.

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
WckedMidas said:
god dangit the freaking largemouth died today. Left to go get my kid and noticed fish wasnt acting right in the 75. Planed on doin watter change when i got backl. Got back and the bass was floating and jag wasnt looking good. Dammit . the jag looks like it gonna be opk i threw him in the 150 . Guessing i didnt let the tank cycle enuf befor adding fish. Ima let it run a week or so then try adding some again.
you do regular water changes???

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
tank been runing maybe three weeks maybe 4 i thought it cycled. I dont think the cycle was finished

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
WckedMidas said:
tank been runing maybe three weeks maybe 4 i thought it cycled. I dont think the cycle was finished
it might be cycle but i guess that largemouth pump out more than the filter can handle... although tank are cycled.. you need to add fish slowly so the filter can handle the load...

buddah101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2005
Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania
I know "Wicked midas" from other forms, and trust me, He knows his stuff! My guess is that he was experimenting and just goofed up. You should see some of his tanks!! He keeps supurb Pecock Bass tanks and alot of other monsters as well!

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
uhh i only hgad one peacock bass and it died at two inchs in august. And ive only had gold spangled spike, and belly crawler but thanks for compliments anyways. I was running only a large sponge on a powerhead and a air hose going into the powerhead to help oxygenate that watter. i figured it would have been enuf. I added the bass to the 75, Waited a few days added the bullhead to it. Then like a week maybe week and a half latter i threw the jag in it. So i dont think that was the reason. Im pretty sure it nitrate spiked . Due to cycle not bein finished. Also due to it sitting in the window it started turning green on me a couple days prior to them dieing. I duno. But the bullhead and jag are doin great

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store