Is the Animal Rights Movement Out of Control?

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
PETA has no clue what they are talking about! did you see how i desmantled their snake page :p they are mostly idiots, so much so that the German branch broke away from their values and pursues in a similar way as the SPCA, getting people to take proper care of their animals
They are out for money, at least the upper level of leadership is, and they brainwash an army of drones to go out and preach their bs all while getting rich.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
PETA are idiots. In Missouri they readily issue permits for bears and raccoons, but not squirrels, this is why many of the wardens will turn a blind eye to unlicensed animals if u care for them correctly, it's all political b.s
On the other hand there r a few practices that need to be banned such as the way fox fur farmers kill their animals( via anal electrocution), I also don't think mountain lions, wolves, bears or other top predators should be hunted, as they r rarely eaten, several of them pose health risk when eaten( especially bear), and they r vital to the health of ecosystems.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
PETA are idiots. In Missouri they readily issue permits for bears and raccoons, but not squirrels, this is why many of the wardens will turn a blind eye to unlicensed animals if u care for them correctly, it's all political b.s
On the other hand there r a few practices that need to be banned such as the way fox fur farmers kill their animals( via anal electrocution), I also don't think mountain lions, wolves, bears or other top predators should be hunted, as they r rarely eaten, several of them pose health risk when eaten( especially bear), and they r vital to the health of ecosystems.
I'm all for hunting. If I go to Manitoba and pay 5k for a bear tag then turn around and buy a Mountain Dew at the gas station, stay in the local motel, eat breakfast at the little mom and pop dinner, get a guide, pay to have the skin prepared up there then have it shipped out of the local shipping plant I sure am creating the need for jobs in the little community that nobody would know of if it weren't for the bear that started it all. But let's go back to the 5k tag, where does that money go? It goes to the wardens who enforce the law, it goes directly back into conservation of the ecosystem as a whole. Know anyone who's willing to donate the same amount of money hunters spend in the economy and conservation? Didn't think so.

I don't think that if we banned hunting all big game today that everything would even out to prehummans, we're too far past that point. We need sustainable growth and management of our natural resources to continue using them for generations to come.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I'm not for banning big game hunts, just animals in serious decline, I'm not gonna justify depleting a already imperiled species so somebody can make some quik$$$, the only reason u can hunt most of these predatory animals is because people want to continue to get the big bucks, there is no scientific basis that states that these animals benefit from hunting, quite the opposite really. These people in these areas need to try improving habitats for animals like elk, whitetail, and other animals that are better suited for sport hunting.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
I'm not for banning big game hunts, just animals in serious decline, I'm not gonna justify depleting a already imperiled species so somebody can make some quik$$$, the only reason u can hunt most of these predatory animals is because people want to continue to get the big bucks, there is no scientific basis that states that these animals benefit from hunting, quite the opposite really. These people in these areas need to try improving habitats for animals like elk, whitetail, and other animals that are better suited for sport hunting.
I'll use the black rhino tag out of Dallas as an example- the safari club auctioned off a permit to kill a old bull rhino that wasn't genetically viable anymore and the tag was sold for 350k that's quite a few park rangers salaries paid for to help patrol for people looking to poach them. So what's the big deal is an already out of commuold male is taken out of a few days sooner than a lion was going to make a meal out of?

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I have no problem with the rhino one, but most of these sort of things are basically legalized poaching that would make my ancestors cry.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
I have no problem with the rhino one, but most of these sort of things are basically legalized poaching that would make my ancestors cry.
But when you look back at old school hunting pictures they're all of 6 elk that were b&c record book class. The generations before us were far worse about taking and taking without thought.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
That is true, but there were less people then, now we need to be more responsible, instead of chemically treated worthless yards, we should plant yards with wild rye, Forbes, native grasses and a variety of nut producing hardwoods, this would benefit both game and no game animals, and we can make this continent a great place to live and hunt, we should also manage all those golf course ponds for waterfowl and fish, this would greatly benefit people and wildlife alike, we would also increase the bag limits on many species.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store