Is there anyone who can import Black Arowana's

buppers

Feeder Fish
May 30, 2010
Bridgend, Wales, UK
Hi all, I've kept a silver arowana in the past but had to sell it on when he got to about 12" long due to lack of space in my tank. It's now been a few years since those days and I now have my own home and space to be able to keep these wonderful creatures in comfort.

As much as I enjoyed raising the silver arowana I actually like the way the black arowana looks especially as a youngster, I know they loose the colours as adults but I think they keep a blue/black hue around the edges of the fins.

Does anyone know of suppliers or importers who can find them for me. The way I see it is that arowana's these days are not taken from the wild since they are endangered and there are lots of fish farms in Asia who breed arowana's successfully so surely someone must have managed to breed black arowana's.

Any help or advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Shu

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Once the UK guys rolls in you should get some good info. I see you've been a member since 2010 and this is your first post.

buppers

Feeder Fish
May 30, 2010
Bridgend, Wales, UK
Yeah I've always just read people's comments and looked at what everyone has done. There are some impressive tanks out there and some really passionate people. Despite keeping fishes since the age of 5 ( 30 now) I'm still kind of a novice. I only usually post on forums if I really need to coz there's so much info on forums already I can usually find the answer without having to ask.

But I suppose it would be nice to say hi and thanks now and again especially if I find something that helps me.

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
They come into season in the fall. Another month or two before they start popping up again.

Ashley106

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2014
England
Not sure where u are but UK wise wharf aquatics pinxton had some and am sure still have one or 2 it's where I got mine from

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store