Is There Anything Exciting To House In a 4 Feet Tank?

Sarcosuchus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2006
Everywhere
I don't know what to keep in a 4 feet tank. It doesn't have to be a fish only, it can be reptiles and amphibians too.

I don't want to get something that will make it feel pointless and boring until I am not connected to the whole experience.

I want something personable, engaging, something that will inspire me to provide the best deco in a 4 feet tank.

Any suggestion?

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I don't know what to keep in a 4 feet tank. It doesn't have to be a fish only, it can be reptiles and amphibians too.

I don't want to get something that will make it feel pointless and boring until I am not connected to the whole experience.

I want something personable, engaging, something that will inspire me to provide the best deco in a 4 feet tank.

Any suggestion?
I strongly recommend trying a biotope, when you start to do it; its a very rewarding experience, the aquascape becomes as important if not more important than the fish

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
How many gallons? 4' x ? x ? makes a big difference.

Reactions: boldtogether

boldtogether

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2008
chino hills, california
How many gallons? 4' x ? x ? makes a big difference.
^^^agree^^^^
A single big fish or a school or shoal of small fish all depends on gallons.

I strongly recommend trying a biotope, when you start to do it; its a very rewarding experience, the aquascape becomes as important if not more important than the fish
I love biotope aquariums. ...I would love to see more of those...and keep frogs, lizards and small snakes maybe...as well as fish...maybe some freshwater shrimps or crabs...crays....

Reactions: convict360

Hoplo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
New Zealand
It all depends on the dimensions. Although it might not be in the theme of this forum, but personally I found my 4ft tank more fun when it was a planted tank with a large school or tetras as opposed to when it housed a single Jag.

Reactions: convict360

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Another theme I've seen but never tried, is the half land half water set-up, looks seriously cool; means you could possibly house small shoals of fish, with reptiles that occupy the land part

Reactions: bobblehead27
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store